Sunday, August 12, 2012

Strategies for Good Readers Poster

I recently decided that I would create a page for my teacher posts.  That was fine, but it wasn't creating them as separate posts.  I want to have a "pin it" button per post, as opposed to per page.  So, I'm just going to merge my school makings with my home makings.  They are both "makings," right?

This summer I was lucky enough to go to an Interactive Reading and Notetaking workshop with some co-workers.  We attended the general one last year, but this one was specified for reading.  There is a focus on applying strategies, which is a tested skill in 7th grade.  The given strategies list was a blend between the creator of Interactive Reading and Notetaking's work and the research from Mosaic of Thought by S. Zimmerman and E. Keene.  I added a few things here or there.  The color is one thing; everything needs a little color!  You can find a copy at my Teachers Pay Teachers store.


13 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, it's me again, Ms.M from (teachingisagift.blogspot.ca). Love the things you create. I just thought I should let you know that on Blogger you cannot post a PDF, that is why I had to create a TPT account. You could also use Google docs or some other file sharing system. Once you upload to that site, you can then post a link from BLOGGER. Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, Kelly! kkrumich(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly I love this! I would love a pdf file.
    khuff4624@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, I would love your posters on pdf file.
    gtib74@aol.com
    Thank you,
    Olalla

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this poster! It would look great in my classroom. My email is kaitlin.s.g@gmail.com. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love for you to send me this poster so I could make one with our poster maker at school! My email is showbiemom@yahoo.com. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You posted this awhile ago, but I'm hoping that you are still checking comments! I would appreciate a pdf of the poster... teachnd@yahoo.com

    I also enjoy looking at your projects. I like to sew too, but waiting for a dedicated sewing/craft room to be finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to have this poster. I teach gifted and talented grade 5 students. My email is pgay2@bcps.org.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this poster. Could you please send it to me at mcampoli@burlington.k12.il.us.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great! Please send me a copy. Thanks in advance... bren_ege@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kelly, this is a wonderful poster. Would love to have a copy... bjgiesen@hotmail.com

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kelly, I love this poster! I would love a copy for my special education class. My email is mmencinsky@dg58.org. Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kelly, I would love a copy of this for my kiddos. I am going to glue it to their offices to help them when taking a test or doing independent work. my email is jwebb@trisd.org

    thanks

    ReplyDelete